The Patient Representative team is here to assist and coordinate the resolution of patient complaints and grievances. We are committed to actively working with all staff and teams to address patient concerns and grievances and to improve the overall patient experience. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday – Friday.
Who We Are
We play an important role in ensuring a high-quality experience for patients, families, visitors and other customers. We are committed to actively working with all staff to address patient concerns; improve the overall patient and customer experience; establish positive, professional working relationships; and, assist with problem-solving.
What We Do
- Respond to patient and family questions, concerns and compliments
- Educate patient, families, and staff about hospital processes and policies as they relate to patient rights and responsibilities
- Facilitate problem-solving and ensure an appropriate reply when patient complaints are filed
- Visit inpatient units and limited outpatient clinics to explain resources available to patients and families
- Serve as a resource for general information about Hennepin Healthcare and relevant community resources
- Serve as ambassadors to promote Hennepin Healthcare staff and services
- Track patient complaints to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policy
- Identify areas of opportunity for performance improvement hospital-wide